I suppose the first thing that should be said here is that there are currently very few wireless adapters that can take advantage of the technology (or speed) of the TEW-691GR. This does not mean that you cannot enjoy the performance today; it just means that you are not going to get near the upper 450Mbps limit. In the end we managed to see a connection speed listed at 270Mbps, but the throughput was not near that listing.
Of course, the speed was not the only thing we saw that was out of place. There was the weird MCS listing. We are almost certain that it should have been 23 now that we look at the data, but the listing was way off. The lack of a connection wizard was a bit of a letdown as well.
The price of the TEW-691GR, $169.99 at NewEgg.com puts it at the upper end of the market for this type of product. At this price level the TEW-691GR should have included profiles for common games (or games using common port ranges). There should also have been a wizard for easy setup. The QoS and DMZ options were also extremely limited for the cost. I can only hope that future firmware updates will include some of this; especially if the price stays at the $170 level.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard