The actual TEW-691GR is not a bad looking product. It is black and sleek.
Along the front are the obligatory lights to indicate power, WAN, WLAN and LAN connectivity as well as a WPS indicator.
The sides have the cooling vents while the left side has a the WPS button.
The back is the business end. As we mentioned before, all the antennas are hard mounted to the TEW-691GR. You also have a switch to manually turn the TEW-691GR on and off. This is right next to the switch that lets you turn the wireless on or off. The four LAN ports visible are all GBe, as is the WAN port.
As we mentioned in the introduction, the TEW-691 is rated at 450Mbps (theoretical). In reality this means up to a 225Mbps connection. The specifications on the unit are pretty impressive. The TEW-691GR does not support multiple bands (2.4GHz and 5GHz). instead it operates in the 2.4GHz frequency range (2.412-2.472GHz). Each of the three fixed antennas is 4dBi dipole. It is these antennas that allow for the three spatial streams.
But interestingly enough, while the TEW-691GR is capable of supporting three data streams, if you connect with a card that only has two antennas then you will only get two (as you probably might have figured). At that point your connection speed will drop back down to 150Mbps or below.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole trailer for Switch
- Sonic the Hedgehog Twitter teases trailer, will drop today
- Dark Souls Remastered: new trailer and discount announcement
- Far Cry 5 tops game sales for March 2018
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus comes to Switch, June 29
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit