Inside The SilverStone SST-PS05B Mid Tower Case
Inside the PS05B you will find most things arranged as they should be in a mid tower. The paperwork was found in the box when I opened it, but the hardware is all in the baggie strapped to the drive bays. I know that bag is small, but with all the features inside the chassis you are about to see, there isn't much hardware needed to complete the build.
The top four bays use a self locking tab, just slide the drive in and it locks, to unlock it, you just pull the tab at the front. The two 3.5" bays use a slide style lock with a release button. At the bottom, the four 3.5" trays use little tool-less locks to hold the hard drives securely in place.
Inside of the PS05B there is plenty of room for both an ATX, and an m-ATX motherboard. As I mentioned the motherboard is placed high in the chassis as the placement of the CPU access hole shows. The right side of the tray is open, and will allow for the wiring to be routed there.
In the back the top and bottom expansion slot cover are removable, and replaceable. The middle five are part of the case steel, and once removed can't be locked back into place. It is tough to see with all the black inside, but speaking of locking the covers into place, you can see there are no screws on the end. That is due to the tool-less assembly I mentioned on the outside view.
The case wiring is long enough to even be routed cleanly before it is connected. Included are the power LED and HDD LED connections on the left. In the middle there are the connections for the HD and AC'97 audio. To the right there is the power switch and reset switch connections to complete the front I/O wiring.
Removing the front bezel was simple, just a slight tug and the four metal and two plastic tabs let loose. In the front of the case there are steel covers that need removed to allow access for the drives, and if you remove the fan cover, you can place the fan on it for an intake. None of the wiring is attached to the bezel making removal even nicer. The bay covers in this bezel will simple slide out through the front after you release a tab on each side of the cover.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam