Here is where we dig out the FutureMark tests.
For overall system performance we use PCMark Vantage. This is run in both x86 and x64 mode to give the best indication of performance.
With regards to PCMark Vantage the 890FXA did not show us its stuff until we pushed the 1090T to 4GHz. After that it really took off. Unfortunately it was still at the lower end of both of the scales for stock and overclocked performance when compared to the P55 + Core i5/i7 combos.
For synthetic gaming tests we used the industry standard and overlockers bragging tool 3DMark Vantage. This is a test that strives to mimic the impact modern games have on a system. Futuremark went a long way to change from the early days of graphics driven tests to a broader approach including physics, AI and more advanced graphics simulations.
3DMark Vantage uses the DX10 API in addition to having support for PhysX. As we are no longer using an NVIDIA GPU for testing (at least until we can get a GTX 4xx card) you will only see the CPU based PhysX results in the scores. For testing we use the Performance test run.
In 3DMark Vantage the tables seem turned. Here the CPU is not the issue. The board and the GPU are of more importance. The 890FXA finds itself much higher up in the pack for both overclocked and stock tests. It is only slightly above its nearest 890FX competition in the form of the Crosshair IV Formula, but still behind many of the P55 offerings.
Cinebench R11.5 x64
Cinebench is a synthetic rendering tool developed by Maxon. Maxon is the same company that developed Cinema4D, another industry leading 3D Animation application. Cinebench R11.5 tests your systems ability to render across a single and multiple CPU cores. It also tests your systems ability to process OpenGL information.
Well look at this. The 890FXA is ahead of a couple of seriously overclocked Core i5s running on the P55. The 890FXA also holds the very top slot from our overclocking tests.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 won't have real money lootboxes, 343i confirms
- Switch's split D-pad makes NES gaming frustrating
- Switch Online NES: save states, visual modes and more
- Red Dead Online mirrors GTA Online, has story co-op and PVP
- PUBG rated on the PS4 in Korea, PlayStation 4 release soon?
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement