As we have already mentioned, we had an issue with the BIOS that shipped with our version of the GA-890FXA-UD7. Because of this we had to drop in a lower powered CPU and flash the BIOS to the F2 version. Once this was done we could drop in the Phenom II X6 1090T.
After this little issue things went well until we started overclocking. At that point we ran into the issue we described in the BIOS section. Once we had that sorted we have to say that things settled down for us and the GA-890FXA-UD7 performed well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 11 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]