Package and Contents
There is a mindset in the world of motherboard manufacturer that says "if it is high-end you have to have a gigantic box". Well, the GA-890FXA-UD7 fits that bill. The box is large and "busy". The large "7" on the front lets you know it is the UD7 series while the rest of the branding tells you the board can charge your "i" accessories while off, you can unlock cores on your AMD CPUs, you can run Quad Crossfire, etc.
The box (like most other high end products) has a front flap that lets you view the product and also gives some extra surface area for more information.
The back has even more PR material spread over it. It is almost overwhelming. There is so much stuffed onto the surface area of the 890FXA-UD7 that is hard to take it all in. One that is repeated over and over is the fact that the 890FXA has USB 3.0, SATA 3.0 and 3x the USB power.
In keeping with the new trend the actual 890FXA-UD7 is in its own box, no simple anti-static bags here.
One additional item that is not a standard fare for a motherboard is the extra cooling fins for the X58 Northbridge. These bolt onto the heatsink and not only help keep the Northbridge cool, but also help with keeping the rest of the board components cool.
The loot that GIGABYTE includes is quite impressive. There is one item that is not shown in the picture above. This is the additional cooling for the chipset; we will cover that in detail in our layout walk around.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer kills its PC game storefront
- Switch VR may happen via Google Cardboard-like Labo kits
- Anthem's loading times may be a big problem
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage