Package and Contents
There is a mindset in the world of motherboard manufacturer that says "if it is high-end you have to have a gigantic box". Well, the GA-890FXA-UD7 fits that bill. The box is large and "busy". The large "7" on the front lets you know it is the UD7 series while the rest of the branding tells you the board can charge your "i" accessories while off, you can unlock cores on your AMD CPUs, you can run Quad Crossfire, etc.
The box (like most other high end products) has a front flap that lets you view the product and also gives some extra surface area for more information.
The back has even more PR material spread over it. It is almost overwhelming. There is so much stuffed onto the surface area of the 890FXA-UD7 that is hard to take it all in. One that is repeated over and over is the fact that the 890FXA has USB 3.0, SATA 3.0 and 3x the USB power.
In keeping with the new trend the actual 890FXA-UD7 is in its own box, no simple anti-static bags here.
One additional item that is not a standard fare for a motherboard is the extra cooling fins for the X58 Northbridge. These bolt onto the heatsink and not only help keep the Northbridge cool, but also help with keeping the rest of the board components cool.
The loot that GIGABYTE includes is quite impressive. There is one item that is not shown in the picture above. This is the additional cooling for the chipset; we will cover that in detail in our layout walk around.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Tesla's impressive new electric Semi Truck starts at $150K
- Battlegrounds surpasses 2.6 million concurrent gamers
- Battlegrounds has now sold over 22 million copies on the PC
- Battlegrounds new desert map named: Valle Coronado
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ