Package and Contents
There is a mindset in the world of motherboard manufacturer that says "if it is high-end you have to have a gigantic box". Well, the GA-890FXA-UD7 fits that bill. The box is large and "busy". The large "7" on the front lets you know it is the UD7 series while the rest of the branding tells you the board can charge your "i" accessories while off, you can unlock cores on your AMD CPUs, you can run Quad Crossfire, etc.
The box (like most other high end products) has a front flap that lets you view the product and also gives some extra surface area for more information.
The back has even more PR material spread over it. It is almost overwhelming. There is so much stuffed onto the surface area of the 890FXA-UD7 that is hard to take it all in. One that is repeated over and over is the fact that the 890FXA has USB 3.0, SATA 3.0 and 3x the USB power.
In keeping with the new trend the actual 890FXA-UD7 is in its own box, no simple anti-static bags here.
One additional item that is not a standard fare for a motherboard is the extra cooling fins for the X58 Northbridge. These bolt onto the heatsink and not only help keep the Northbridge cool, but also help with keeping the rest of the board components cool.
The loot that GIGABYTE includes is quite impressive. There is one item that is not shown in the picture above. This is the additional cooling for the chipset; we will cover that in detail in our layout walk around.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director