GIGABYE's entry into the 890FX arena is a solid one. It is not the fastest in all cases, but it does well even when pitted against the more expensive Intel P55 boards. The extra features on the board like the six full SATA 3.0 ports add to the value.
The price tag of $246 at NewEgg.com puts the GA-890FXA-UD7 into the lower bracket when it comes to high-end AMD boards. Overall, even when paired with the HD 5870 and a Phenom II X6 1090T, it is a pretty good deal for the enthusiast or overclocker.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 11 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]