GIGABYE's entry into the 890FX arena is a solid one. It is not the fastest in all cases, but it does well even when pitted against the more expensive Intel P55 boards. The extra features on the board like the six full SATA 3.0 ports add to the value.
The overclocking side of the 890FXA was also excellent. We were able to finally hit 4GHz with our Phenom II x6 1090T. This was a very happy moment as before we had all sorts of trouble getting over 240MHz on the bus. Gaming was in the area it should be, while the option for Quad Crossfire beckons to those that have the money and time to spend on multi-GPU setups. Of course, if you are looking to overclock the GA-890FXA-UD7 and trying to get the highest scores possible, the extra GPUs will help there.
The price tag of $246 at NewEgg.com puts the GA-890FXA-UD7 into the lower bracket when it comes to high-end AMD boards. Overall, even when paired with the HD 5870 and a Phenom II X6 1090T, it is a pretty good deal for the enthusiast or overclocker.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit