Version and / or Patch Used: 3.0 Technical Preview
Developer Homepage: http://crystalmark.info
Product Homepage: http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskMark/index-e.html
Download here: http://crystaldew.info/category/software/crystaldiskmark
CrystalDiskMark is a disk benchmark software.
* Sequential reads/writes
* Random 4KB/512KB reads/writes
* Text copy
* Change dialog design
* internationalization (i18n)
Note: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0 is not available to the public yet, but the Technical Preview does allow us to test 4K performance at queue depths of 4 and 32 in addition to 1. The current release Crystal Disk Mark only shows us QD 1.
In the 4K read catagories we see that the Corsair F120 is able to outperform the Intel drive at QD4 but the two run very close at QD 32. Comparing the Force to the Indilinx controlled Nova we see that the Nova doesn't scale past a QD of 4 so a lot of performance is left off the table when compared to the SandForce drives that have all but replaced the Indilinx drives in performance and price point.
4K Write speeds are always quite an interesting topic. For a short while we were comparing the SandForce drives to the Crucial C300 256GB but when the 128GB C300 came our way we learned that there was quite a bit of a difference with the 128GB C300's write speed. Now we see that the Corsair Force 120GB is much closer to the 128GB C300 than we thought.
That concludes our synthetic benchmarks, let's take a look at the real world tests and see if what we learned from the synthetics carries over to the real world.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Burnout Paradise Remastered announced for PC, consoles
- Tesla hackers mine cryptocurrency, access private data
- Fortnite and Diablo 3 rumored for the Nintendo Switch
- Samsung unveils massive 30TB SSD, largest capacity SSD ever
- Intel intends to 'compete in graphics products' in future
- Secretlab TITAN NAPA: the most luxurious gaming chair yet
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit