Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Sentry LXE is a five fan controller that can do much, much, more. The coolest part is that the LCD display and functional controls are all done with the touch screen LCD. On display are five temperatures, five fan percentages, five fan RPM readings, and the date and time. Controls for the LXE are also done on this screen via touching the corresponding number, then using a "+" or "-" button you can make the appropriate changes. The last two functions found here are a reset button, to default the fan controller, and a power button to turn off the LCD lighting but not the "settings".
With five fan connections capable of 10 watts a piece, and five temperature probes, you can completely customize the way the LXE controls both noise levels and airflow. Utilizing a card that fits in a spare expansion slot, the controller settings can be saved via a battery on the card. So those "settings" I mentioned will remain even of the LXE is powered off, or if the 8-pin plug that connects the Sentry to the card, is unplugged. Te basic fans control can be done in one of two ways. Auto, which sets the fans to a minimum rate of 50% and is temperature controlled, from 25°C the percentage will rise as the temperature rises. Manual will give you full control of the fans from 30% on up to 100%. At 30% the controller allows for 3.7 volts, and at 100% allows for the full 12 volts to pass through. The actual temperatures display for 0 - 99 degrees in the Celsius scale, and shows from 32 - 199 degrees on the Fahrenheit side. Lastly, as if all of this wasn't enough, there is the ability to set a visual and audible alarm for each temperature reading. This alarm can be set anywhere from 30° on up to 90° Celsius.
The Sentry LXE is not currently in stores, as we were given a sneak peek at it, before it goes retail. Via a few emails back and forth, I was able to find out that it should hit shelves very soon, just after the June 30th release date. My assumption, looking at what I had delivered, I assumed the pricing would tend to be a bit pricey. This is based on the fact that the Sentry LX released some time ago is still demanding $50 or more depending on where you shop. I am pleased to announce that not only is the LXE external, and touch screen, but the MSRP is set from NZXT at an amazing $59.99 USD. For those who don't have access to, or can't even see the front of your case, NZXT now offers the best of both worlds; superior fan control, and ease of access like no other.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The NZXT Sentry LXE High Performance Fan Controller]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Powering, Settings and the Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- COD: Black Ops 4 launch day sales on PC up 100% over 2017
- Samsung's Galaxy Note 10 could rock huge 6.66-inch display
- Cyberpunk 2077 team won't 'artificially' extend playtime
- Dell's 49-inch ultra-wide monitor rocks 5120x1440 resolution
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon