Everest Random Access Time
Everest Ultimate and Corporate Edition offer several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in write the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron.
The read access time for the OCZ Vertex LE was consistent with the 240GB Vertex 2. It is the access times that make SSDs feel so fast when used as a boot drive. The lower the access time the faster the response in everything you do on Windows.
If you are still using a platter drive, chances are it is not as fast as the Western Digital VelociRaptor, the fastest consumer platter drive on the market. Here we can see that even though the VelociRaptor is fast at accessing data with its 10K RPM spinning disks, it is nowhere near the responsiveness of an SSD.
The write access time of the Limited Edition was a bit higher than the Vertex 2 240GB. I really didn't expect to see this, but the graph was smooth and steady, but access time increased as the test progressed.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Return to Nuketown in COD: Black Ops 4 starting on the PS4
- AMD won't do ray tracing until ALL Radeon cards can do it
- Stan Lee, Marvel Comics super-star dies at age 95
- PUBG player base falls under 1 million concurrent on Steam
- Sea of Thieves update includes PvP mode called 'The Arena'
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Solid state drives...any thoughts?
- Name this song. help?
- Supermicro C9Z390-PGW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Joystuck Combines UK Indie Rock and Game Music Favorites
- Close to the Sun selected for the Unreal Engine Dev Grants
- RemoteLock Announces the Appointment of New Board Member Dr. Tam Hulusi
- Bird Launches Community Mode
- NBA 2K Playgrounds 2: Physical Version Now Available for Switch