We have now almost completed our run of the ROG line-up from ASUS. So far all of the boards have been at the top of the list for the sockets they cover. The Rampage III Extreme is no exception. The sheer amount of overclocking features and options packed into this board is simply staggering. We could spend weeks (and we imagine many people will) tweaking and adjusting this board to get some truly exceptional clocks.
But even with all the overclocking features put aside, the board is solidly designed and built. The high end Caps, Chokes and even the tracing layout has been well thought out and put into play. Make no mistake, though, this board is meant for performance and for pushing as hard and as far as you can. We were able to reach our highest stable clock yet on the 980X (using only air cooling).
The RIIIE has shown us that when it comes to overclocking it certainly means business. The price tag of under $370 on NewEgg.com is well worth what you get here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit