We are now able to find out what kind of power is being used by our test system and the associated graphics cards installed. Keep in mind; it tests the complete system (minus LCD monitor, which is plugged directly into an AC wall socket).
The RIIIE is a power hungry board; for both idle and load (as well as Stock and OC) the RIIIE used the most power.
As a new measure, we are now monitoring the heat generation from the key components on the motherboard; this being the Northbridge, Southbridge (if it contains one) as well as the Mosfets around the CPU. The results are recorded at idle and load during the power consumption tests.
The cooling system on the RIIIE does a good job as you can see from the graphs above. It is able to keep the X58 NB well under control during stock testing and even when we overclocked the system to 4.38GHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New cyber-ninja Ghostrunner mixes Deus Ex, Superhot and Mirror's Edge
- Gears of War 5 uses Win32 on Windows Store and Steam, not UWP
- Bizarre new RPG Bleak Faith: Forsaken would make Beksinski proud
- Bungie: Activision let us do awesome things with Destiny
- Disney+ includes free 4K streaming, supports 4 simultaneous streams
- Lian Li TU150 Mini-ITX Chassis Review
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best