There are a few things that we found to be very cool about the P7F7-E WS. We are talking about features beyond the multi-GPU setup and the extra memory. One thing that stands out is the EPU and TPU software. These two combined (at stock speeds) help reduce the power draw on the system as well as balancing the thermal load.
But beyond that is the audio. Although some may think that Realtek has a better CODEC, personally I think the VIA VT2020 included with the P7F7E-WS has a cleaner, crisper sound.
The dual teamed LAN ports also are a great feature. The included software is excellent and actually works. For our testing we set the team up using the 802.3ad LACP; this allowed us to maintain 70+ MB/s transfer rates even on large files (2GB in size). Not bad at all, especially for video work.
The installation of the board went well. We had almost no issues with it other than a slight misunderstanding on our part. When we first received it we thought our Registered ECC DDR3 would work. However, the P7F7-E WS does not support ECC registered RAM. We ended up having to fall back on our standard DDR3 kit.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz