In our tests today the PC3-12800 8GB kit performs like a PC3-12800 4GB kit that carries with it the same timings. This isn't a bad thing, but when it comes to our final graphs and the price being double that of a 4GB kit, the perceived value is lower.
However, when moving to 8GB over 4GB it gives you performance gains in other areas. The loading of applications, games and just Windows is definitely improved upon. There's more general speed when dealing with your operating system. Everything is just running faster. Sure, it's not twice as fast, but it's faster.
It's great that you don't have to fill your banks up with RAM to get 8GB of memory. Instead A-DATA offer us a nice kit that offers some good speed. What's great about the "Gaming Series" is that they're not these ultra fast modules with insane speeds and timings along with insane prices.
Instead, the series offers us good memory, at a good speed and at a good price of $334.99 at Newegg. This is exactly what the kit we've got here does. It's a fantastic option for people who want to go with a dual channel setup, but also want to move past the typical 4GB kit size that's associated with it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Packaging and Modules]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and wPrime]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Everest Ultimate Edition]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Sciencemark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 9 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 10 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Divinity: Original Sin 2 receives first major patch
- NVIDIA goes all-in with AI for the 'goodness of mankind'
- NVIDIA GeForce 385.69 WHQL drivers released
- AOC release their curved AG322QCX QHD 144Hz monitor
- Battlegrounds hits 1.5 million concurrent users
- HP OfficeJet Pro 8740 Printer Review
- Internet Download Manager Full
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- GIGABYTE introduces Z370 AORUS motherboards
- Samsung starts producing industry's first universal flash storage for next-generation automotive applications
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card