Using a Gainward NVIDIA card, you feel a bit dirty due to that red PCB. We love it, though, and it's a bit of a trademark. It's funny that you instantly associate that red PCB with ATI, but underneath the custom dual fan cooler is an NVIDIA GPU.
A quick spin around the card doesn't initially find any surprises with two 6-Pin PCI-E power connectors and two SLI connectors, yet when we get to the I/O department we've got two Dual-Link DVI connectors and a HDMI and DisplayPort connector.
The inclusion of a full size HDMI port is the main reason we're lacking a mini HDMI to HDMI cable in the bundle which is provided with other NVIDIA cards that utilize the mini HDMI port.
Let's be honest; it wouldn't be a Golden Sample unless the card was overclocked out of the box. Gainward has taken the time to round off some of the numbers and give us quite an attractive overclock which is the highest to date.
The core comes in at 650MHz which is a nice jump from the default 607MHz number. What this has in turn done is push the Shader clock from 1215MHz to 1300MHz. If that wasn't enough, Gainward has then rounded the 1280MB of GDDR5 off from 837MHz to 850MHz or 3400MHz QDR.
The overclock should yield a nice performance increase. Fingers crossed we're able to see some decent figures from the card. At the moment it looks like we're onto a winner.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Badaboom]
- Page 17 [Temperature Test]
- Page 18 [Sound Test]
- Page 19 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 20 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 21 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- iMac Pro will feature A10 chip for always-on 'Hey Siri'
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Canadian grocery chain the first with Tesla Semi truck order
- HTC unveils new Hyper Blaster for VR will make Nintendo mad
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ