The Build and Finished Product
The cover for the optical drive simply removes with tabs on the inside, and front bezel on or off, the 5.25" devices slide in with ease. Just line it up with the face of the bezel and lock it in place with the tool-less clips. If you look carefully inside of the door, you can see an upside down "U". This is a switch to change the front LCD readout from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
Inside felt roomy for a mid tower with a full ATX motherboard and full sized graphics card. Wire management is simple with the included holes and leave for a tidy, air flow friendly interior. Just for testing, I taped the sensors to the Northbridge heatsink, the back of the core on the GPU, and the third got taped to the top of the HDD. Where they go and what they measure is up to you, even though the leads are labeled to go to specific places.
All filled up and just about ready for a power cable, the rear is clean as you would expect to see before your spaghetti of wires gets attached.
It wasn't hard at all to route the wires and keep them tidy, and with that bump in the door, I didn't need to get it even this nice, the door went right over all of this. I would have loved for a little hole to be at the top, I found no real way to tuck the 8-pin CPU power line behind the tray.
Powered up, and left to its own devices, I returned in a few minutes to see this at the front of the Hades. I will tell you that this display isn't all that bright, and does require one to be at the right angle to see it. As you can see, my hard drive, Northbridge, and the back of the graphics card are all at reasonable temperatures. These were with the fans dials maxed out on the front.
While running, you will see a glow of red coming out of the bottom. The lighting was dimmed for this image and you can tell the lighting is more subdued. In the middle you will find a green LED to indicate power, and another to indicate HDD activity, but for the life of me I couldn't get the timing down to get both on at once.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard