The Build and Finished Product
The cover for the optical drive simply removes with tabs on the inside, and front bezel on or off, the 5.25" devices slide in with ease. Just line it up with the face of the bezel and lock it in place with the tool-less clips. If you look carefully inside of the door, you can see an upside down "U". This is a switch to change the front LCD readout from Fahrenheit to Celsius.
Inside felt roomy for a mid tower with a full ATX motherboard and full sized graphics card. Wire management is simple with the included holes and leave for a tidy, air flow friendly interior. Just for testing, I taped the sensors to the Northbridge heatsink, the back of the core on the GPU, and the third got taped to the top of the HDD. Where they go and what they measure is up to you, even though the leads are labeled to go to specific places.
All filled up and just about ready for a power cable, the rear is clean as you would expect to see before your spaghetti of wires gets attached.
It wasn't hard at all to route the wires and keep them tidy, and with that bump in the door, I didn't need to get it even this nice, the door went right over all of this. I would have loved for a little hole to be at the top, I found no real way to tuck the 8-pin CPU power line behind the tray.
Powered up, and left to its own devices, I returned in a few minutes to see this at the front of the Hades. I will tell you that this display isn't all that bright, and does require one to be at the right angle to see it. As you can see, my hard drive, Northbridge, and the back of the graphics card are all at reasonable temperatures. These were with the fans dials maxed out on the front.
While running, you will see a glow of red coming out of the bottom. The lighting was dimmed for this image and you can tell the lighting is more subdued. In the middle you will find a green LED to indicate power, and another to indicate HDD activity, but for the life of me I couldn't get the timing down to get both on at once.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- LGA1151 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series