The H55MX-S is an entry level board. It is plain and simple. We could tell that by the simple installation options and the software tools. We were disappointed that we were not able to run Cinebench at all with the Core i5 661 installed. This turned out to be due to an incorrect reporting of the GPU and the memory.
When we used GPU-Z to see what we had, it reported the GPU as having 0MB memory. We think that this caused Cinebench to error out in detecting the GPU during the start of the application.
We also had some minor issues with Lightwave 3D; it took four tries to get the application running. We were just about ready to throw in the towel on that one when it finally launched.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Box and What's Inside]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 7 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 8 [Synthetic Tests - Part III]
- Page 9 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 10 [Real-World Tests - Part II]
- Page 11 [Power Usage and Heat Tests]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]