Here we have our real gaming tests. Each of the games we chose use multiple cores and GPUs. They are able to stress the system through use of good AI. Both have decent positional audio that adds impact to the sound subsystem of the board. We ran each game through the level or parts listed and recorded frames per second using FRAPS. This brings the whole game into play.
As most IGPs are not meant for high-end gaming we have swapped out one of our First Person Shooters for a more mainstream game. We have also adjusted down the testing resolution from 1920x1200 to 1280x960. In order to keep full measure of the board we return to 1920x1200 when we test the board with our HD 5870.
The SIMS 3 is the third complete edition of this popular game. In it you create a personality for use in a virtual world. The town we chose was Sunset Valley; we created a basic character and off we went. We performed as many actions as we were able to in order to give the board and GPU as much to think about as we could. The settings we used are shown below.
Our SIMS gaming results are not too bad. You could actually play this game with just the GMA HD. The image quality is not all that great, but the frame rates are in the playable range.
Far Cry 2
Version and / or Patch Used: V1.00
Timedemo or Level Used: Clearing the Safe house through to the Rescue
Developer Homepage: http://www.ubi.com
Product Homepage: http://www. http://farcry.us.ubi.com
Buy It Here
Far Cry 2 is a large sandbox style game. There are no levels here so as you move about the island you are on you do not have to wait for the "loading" sign to go away. It is mission driven so each mission is what you would normally think of as the next "level".
In the game you take the role of a mercenary who has been sent to kill the Jackal. Unfortunately your malaria kicks in and you end up being found by him. Long story short, you become the errand boy for a local militia leader and run all over the island doing his bidding. The settings we used for testing are shown below.
Believe it or not, the Foxconn H55MX-S does well at Far Cry 2 (considering the others in our grouping). You will still not be able to play the game in any decent manner, but it does beat out the others in the group.
So technically, you can game on the H55MX-S, but it is not going to be an awe inspiring thing. We found that the image quality was not good (due to the need to drop the resolution and extras so much) and that even level load times were slow.
Quite a bit of this went away with the installation of the HD5870, but some issues still lingered like the slow level loads. Still, we have to remind you that the GMA HD on the Core i5 661 was not meant for high-end gaming. It was meant for entry level gaming at best.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ex-BioWare boss wants to revitalize RPGs
- GTA 6 microtransactions likely, should follow GTA Online
- PUBG Corp made $920 million in 2018, 85% of cash from PC
- Take-Two CEO gets bonuses based on microtransaction earnings
- YouTuber makes working PC out of lasagna
- B450 Aorus Elite won't recognize Windows USB stick.
- [H270M-ITX/ac] Cannot POST with PCIE NIC card
- NVMe NAS Cache: Higher Speed or More Capacity?
- Scythe Kaze Flex 120 RGB Fan Review
- Synology DS1019 NAS Review
- Cooperative Level-Building Platformer Levelhead Launches into Steam Early Access Today
- Epic Games announce Fortnite World Cup - Creative!
- JUMP FORCE DLC Character Lineup Announced By Bandai Namco Entertainment America
- A New Hero Class Lays Track in Torchlight Frontiers - Meet The Railmaster!
- Plague Inc: Armageddon, the first expansion to Plague Inc: The Board Game, is now live on Kickstarter!