Inside The Antec Sonata Proto Mid Tower Case
Inside of the door handle you can get a better idea of how it works. The handle needs pushed towards the front of the chassis to release, or pictured here, to the left. Simply turning the tumbler on the outside will drop the plastic lock on the left down to the right, effectively making the handle unusable.
Getting the door off gives us the first look inside of the Proto. The steel in here is coated in a chemical primer just like the back. Barely visible, behind the hard drive trays, the hardware box ids tucked for travel.
Since the rear panel is not removable, Antec thought this through and offset the drive cages. This will allow for wiring to be placed or hidden behind them. The three bays up top use tool-less rails, the floppy drive bays use a removable tray and the hard drive rack uses removable sleds. All of this makes assembly go real fast.
The motherboard tray is drilled to accommodate m-ITX, m-ATX and ATX motherboards. While they are not marked for specific boards, the risers are pretty self explanatory as to where they go.
I hid the wiring on the fan behind the case, but with this TwoCool fan, you will find a 4-pin Molex connector for power and another lead with a two position switch. The expansion slots at the bottom are all separated and not attached; simply remove the screw and the covers come right out.
The included, front I/O wiring is plenty long and will make getting them placed correctly and hidden with little effort, just a bit of thought and creativity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia set back until May 3
- $60,000 worth of GPUs power Unreal Engine ray tracing demo
- Elder Scrolls Online: Summerset announced for June 5th
- A Way Out official PC requirements released, launch trailer
- Dark Souls Remastered leaked images, Solaire amiibo spotted
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone X Brand New Unlocked 64GB $7,490
- Corsair ML140 PRO RGB 140mm Magnetic Levitation Review
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit