Finally! I can almost rejoice for the general consumer! The setup wizard for the TEW-673GRU asks you to change your admin password as part of the setup. This has been a very long time in getting here, but it is nice to finally see it.
Chose the time zone you are in right after you make sure you change your password from the default one that anyone can find out.
Next up, you can change the LAN and DHCP settings.
TRENDnet has included quite a few options for your WAN connectivity type.
If you chose dynamic IP you also have the option to clone or set a new MAC address. This helps with certain ISPs that run MAC filtering on their DHCP systems.
You can also setup both bands for wireless connectivity. Unfortunately you cannot setup the security for them from the Wizard. That has to be done in the regular Web UI.
The setup wizard on the TEW-673GRU is almost a complete one. If they would have added in security setup for the wireless (both bands), this would have been the best wizard I have seen on a consumer product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit