Finally! I can almost rejoice for the general consumer! The setup wizard for the TEW-673GRU asks you to change your admin password as part of the setup. This has been a very long time in getting here, but it is nice to finally see it.
Chose the time zone you are in right after you make sure you change your password from the default one that anyone can find out.
Next up, you can change the LAN and DHCP settings.
TRENDnet has included quite a few options for your WAN connectivity type.
If you chose dynamic IP you also have the option to clone or set a new MAC address. This helps with certain ISPs that run MAC filtering on their DHCP systems.
You can also setup both bands for wireless connectivity. Unfortunately you cannot setup the security for them from the Wizard. That has to be done in the regular Web UI.
The setup wizard on the TEW-673GRU is almost a complete one. If they would have added in security setup for the wireless (both bands), this would have been the best wizard I have seen on a consumer product.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard