Specifications, Pricing and Availability
RunCore makes several SSD products, from PCIe SSDs made for a specific netbook model, to desktop / notebook 2.5" form factor drives like the new Pro V. At the time of writing the Pro V wasn't listed on RunCore's website, but the Kylin II enterprise was listed on a RunCore enterprise site that I found off the beaten path.
We will look at the internal hardware on the next page in detail, but for the most part this is a Team SandForce drive that uses the standard SF-1222 chip and pairs it with the same Intel flash we have seen in all but one SF-1200 drive to date. Testing will reveal any performance enhancements built into the RunCore firmware and we will discuss that later as well.
Our drive arrived in white box packaging with the drives in anti-static bags. At CES we actually saw the retail packaging for the Pro V on the show floor, but either RunCore is making a change or didn't realize that we mostly look at products as they are sold when possible. This leads us to a bit of speculation on the Pro V's availability. We know that MyDigitalDiscount.com has RunCore Pro V drives in stock, but they have yet to be listed on the site. Their drives arrived around the same time our samples did and we tend to not want to wait on retail pricing to be set before proceeding to get performance information out.
With availability currently in a short waiting stage, we really have no idea where the pricing is going to be set. Even if RunCore set a retail price last week, they would have to rethink it now. With OCZ dropping the price of their Vertex 2 E 120GB (a sale price of 349 USD after a 20USD rebate) everyone is now rethinking their pricing structure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The RunCore Pro V 100GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit