Specifications, Pricing and Availability
RunCore makes several SSD products, from PCIe SSDs made for a specific netbook model, to desktop / notebook 2.5" form factor drives like the new Pro V. At the time of writing the Pro V wasn't listed on RunCore's website, but the Kylin II enterprise was listed on a RunCore enterprise site that I found off the beaten path.
We will look at the internal hardware on the next page in detail, but for the most part this is a Team SandForce drive that uses the standard SF-1222 chip and pairs it with the same Intel flash we have seen in all but one SF-1200 drive to date. Testing will reveal any performance enhancements built into the RunCore firmware and we will discuss that later as well.
Our drive arrived in white box packaging with the drives in anti-static bags. At CES we actually saw the retail packaging for the Pro V on the show floor, but either RunCore is making a change or didn't realize that we mostly look at products as they are sold when possible. This leads us to a bit of speculation on the Pro V's availability. We know that MyDigitalDiscount.com has RunCore Pro V drives in stock, but they have yet to be listed on the site. Their drives arrived around the same time our samples did and we tend to not want to wait on retail pricing to be set before proceeding to get performance information out.
With availability currently in a short waiting stage, we really have no idea where the pricing is going to be set. Even if RunCore set a retail price last week, they would have to rethink it now. With OCZ dropping the price of their Vertex 2 E 120GB (a sale price of 349 USD after a 20USD rebate) everyone is now rethinking their pricing structure.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The RunCore Pro V 100GB SSD]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard hiring 17 devs for new Diablo game
- Overkill's The Walking Dead delayed on PS4, Xbox One
- Ronda Rousey will voice Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat XI
- Lord of the Rings 'Tolkien' biopic movie gets release date
- New Anthem gameplay details: story, progress & customizing
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media