The Build and Finished Product
When I was installing the DVD drive, I thought the grey exterior might clash against the obviously darker drive face plate. Honestly, it doesn't look bad at all. Now, you can move this drive to the bottom as well, but I left in the hard drive cage to show off the chassis as it was configured.
The DFI went in without a hitch and something I noticed after the first attempt to set the board in, is that the bottom of the drive assembly at the top is wider near the tray to allow just enough room to fit the board. Everything fit inside well and the wiring is very tidy using the provided holes.
Running the USB 3.0 cable requires, at this time, to come out of the case and be placed into a USB 3.0 port in the motherboards rear I/O. I don't like the idea of wiring hanging out of the case and like in the HAF-X that there was an internal adapter for a motherboard header plug; not here, this is the only way to make it function. The tool-less mechanism on the card is a little loose, as you can see by the angle of the card. While it isn't going anywhere, I prefer mine to be a bit more solid and I recommend a screw for added support, especially if traveling with the Dragon Slayer.
The offset I mentioned earlier allowed me to pack quite a bit of wiring together. While roomy, there are no places in the tray to secure the wiring. This is where those clips come in really handy. Getting the door over these bulky wires and even over the 24-pin line was easy; I just lined up the door and slid it into position.
All powered up, the IN WIN logo is boldly lit in blue LED. The lights in the front I/O for power and activity seem to be dysfunctional. Again, I am hoping it is an issue that gets fixed before the case goes retail. Lights being functional or not, I do like the way it looks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam