The ZOTAC board was fun to play with, but also had some annoying surprises for us. It is very picky on RAM. For some reason it did not like any of our 1 or 2GB modules of Kingston HyperX RAM. It would not post, but would simply restart any time these were in.
We were able to get things going with a pair of old (ancient really) Corsair XMS2 CM2X512-8500 512MB sticks of RAM. Once in we tried to hard set the DDR speed, push the voltage a little higher; pretty much everything. But still we were not able to use the Kingston KyperX.
After we had sorted the RAM issue, we hit another snag. The SATA ports on the board are not labelled well in the manual (or on the board). There are two red ports and four black ones. The two red are labelled SATA RAID and the four black are just labelled SATA. It turns out that to get a single HDD and CD/DVD-ROM running you need to use the two red ports. These are connected to the Intel NM10 Southbridge while the four black ports are connected to the J-Micron JMB324 controller; they are there for e-SATA and port replication.
After this, we were off and running. We only had one minor issue with the LAN port, but that was corrected with a driver update once we had wireless connectivity.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Uber updates app with 'Live Location' functionality
- Publishers should raise game prices, says analyst
- GIVEAWAY: OCZ TR200 3D BiCS FLASH SSDs thanks to Toshiba
- Death Stranding in playable state, progressing on schedule
- Battlefront II almost had entirely cosmetic lootboxes
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ