Inside the NZXT Vulcan Crafted Series Enthusiast M-ATX Case
Removing the mesh covered panel, we get a better look inside the chassis. The longer box in the middle contains your handle and screws, while the box stuffed into the hard drive bays contains the rest of the hardware. As you can see, the same textured paint finish found on the outside is also covering the entire interior.
In the front you will find a spot for two 5.25" drives, or one drive and a bay reservoir. Underneath those are the two external 3.5" drive racks. NZXT has left quite a gap in the drive bays until you reach the two 3.5" bays for the hard drives. This gap is to allow even a HD5970 to be installed in here!
In relation to the case size, this has to be the largest CPU access hole I have seen. Wire management holes are almost non-existent, but NZXT does offer a place to immediately move the PSU leads to the back of the tray via the hole near the bottom. There are plenty of wire tie spots punched into the tray, but behind the drives there is little place to hide anything.
At the top you get a little look at the wiring from the LED switch. NZXT uses special fans with an extra 2-pin connection the powers the lights separately. This switch covers the top fans LEDs and the ones in the front of the case up the right side of the bezel. Thumbscrews are used for the four ventilated expansion slots with a bit of venting along the side.
Spinning the Vulcan around, you can see NZXT has already done a bit of basic wire management. To keep everything clean, and trying to figure out the fan and lighting connections, I had to undo most of this. There really isn't anything here to worry about, though. Just like in the Storm series of cases from Cooler Master, NZXT also adds quite a bit of room into the side panel, so no worries about running even the 24-pin wire back here.
Getting the majority of the wiring together, I ran into four, 3-pin fan connections labeled 1 and 2. These numbers refer to the dials on the front, and which leads are controlled in which "zone". Powering all the fans is this 4-pin Molex connection. There is a reset, power, and HDD activity (not pictured), as well as a single USB 2.0, audio, and e-SATA (not pictured) connections.
The plastic front bezel comes off with a tug from the bottom, just as most do. With the Vulcan all of the front I/O wiring is connected to the bezel, so be careful when removing it. The four bay drive covers are held in place with a tab on either side and are easily removed. The bottom uses a honeycomb pattern to support the mesh and allow for air to be sucked into the 120mm fan in the case.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series