The new K series CPUs are not bringing much to the table that will give you better stock performance. These CPUs are not meant for the average consumer. They are meant for the person that wants to push their CPU as far as they can. The same group of people that are going to run liquid or phase change cooling will benefit from this line-up. Even the casual overclocker is only going to get a small boost from this (as our air cooled testing shows).
Still, we do know that the i7 875K is capable of getting much farther than the average 1156 Core i7. Our previous experience with the i7 870 only allowed us to reach 4.2GHz before the system would not even post. Now, on the same air cooling we are hitting 4.5GHz for CPU-Z shots and stable performance at 4.1GHz. This is a good indication that you will get what you put into these CPUs (in terms of cooling).
We do hope to return to the 875K and test it out again under some good water cooling just to see how far it will take us. The pricing is also not extreme, with the 875K coming in at around $324.
These CPUs from Intel should give the overclocking community a new toy to play with for a few months and keep them very happy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's New]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 7 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit