The new K series CPUs are not bringing much to the table that will give you better stock performance. These CPUs are not meant for the average consumer. They are meant for the person that wants to push their CPU as far as they can. The same group of people that are going to run liquid or phase change cooling will benefit from this line-up. Even the casual overclocker is only going to get a small boost from this (as our air cooled testing shows).
Still, we do know that the i7 875K is capable of getting much farther than the average 1156 Core i7. Our previous experience with the i7 870 only allowed us to reach 4.2GHz before the system would not even post. Now, on the same air cooling we are hitting 4.5GHz for CPU-Z shots and stable performance at 4.1GHz. This is a good indication that you will get what you put into these CPUs (in terms of cooling).
We do hope to return to the 875K and test it out again under some good water cooling just to see how far it will take us. The pricing is also not extreme, with the 875K coming in at around $324.
These CPUs from Intel should give the overclocking community a new toy to play with for a few months and keep them very happy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's New]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 7 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz