The new K series CPUs are not bringing much to the table that will give you better stock performance. These CPUs are not meant for the average consumer. They are meant for the person that wants to push their CPU as far as they can. The same group of people that are going to run liquid or phase change cooling will benefit from this line-up. Even the casual overclocker is only going to get a small boost from this (as our air cooled testing shows).
Still, we do know that the i7 875K is capable of getting much farther than the average 1156 Core i7. Our previous experience with the i7 870 only allowed us to reach 4.2GHz before the system would not even post. Now, on the same air cooling we are hitting 4.5GHz for CPU-Z shots and stable performance at 4.1GHz. This is a good indication that you will get what you put into these CPUs (in terms of cooling).
We do hope to return to the 875K and test it out again under some good water cooling just to see how far it will take us. The pricing is also not extreme, with the 875K coming in at around $324.
These CPUs from Intel should give the overclocking community a new toy to play with for a few months and keep them very happy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [What's New]
- Page 3 [Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Tests - Part I]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Tests - Part II]
- Page 7 [Real-World Tests - Part I]
- Page 8 [Real-World Tests Part II]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- Cryptocurrency price cash wipes $300 billion from market cap
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series