The HighPoint RocketRAID 640
Here we get our first look at the adapter. We found a PLX chip as well as dual Marvell SATA 6G controllers. The four SATA ports are at the back of the card and face two different directions; each side ran off a separate Marvell chip.
Here we see the layout a bit closer. To maximize performance with two drives it is best to run one drive on each Marvell controller.
The back of the controller is fairly uneventful with little to dive deeper into.
In the package we found round longer than average SATA cables, a driver / manual disk, a printed quick install manual and finally, a low profile bracket.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Packaging]
- Page 4 [The HighPoint RocketRAID 640]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 12 [Final Thoughts]