The Cooler Master HAF-X RC-942-KKN1 Full Tower Case
The front of the HAF-X takes a lot of the styling and design from the original, but more refined this time around. The middle ventilated area consists of six 5.25" bay covers that remove from the outside and the bottom is to act as a fan filter for the intake, with a Cooler Master logo right in the middle.
Just a gentle tug at the very bottom releases this washable fan filter from the bezel. What I do love is that Cooler Master has removed all the metal in front of this fan which will allow for a much stronger flow of air into the intake and over your components.
Gone is the look of a gas can for this larger window and the door keeps the 200mm fan of the elder. Retail samples will have the HAF-X etched into it as the box shows, but the press samples were sent out before they were ready, so yours will look slightly different. While the view inside isn't that great, the fan is positioned perfectly, so you have to take a trade off.
Gone is the optional PSU plate in favor of three water cooling pass through grommets, one of which can be used for wiring. Just below are the rear I/O area and the flanking 140mm exhausting fan. Nine ventilated expansion slot covers fill the left, while the right has tracks for the GPU cooler and a well ventilated area on the right. That, of course, leaves us with the large hole at the bottom for your power supply.
The back side panel is a bit more subdued. A bump for room behind the motherboard tray and a bit of styling in the bottom corner are all you will find. That way this panel isn't completely void of interest.
The front I/O panel is where things get interesting. The HAF-X is the first case I have seen to offer USB 3.0 ports on the front, denoted by the "SS" and USB symbol. Moving right, there is e-SATA, Firewire, two USB 2.0 and front audio connections to round it out. Above this is a sliding panel; slid to the left it exposes the Power, Reset and LED switches. Moved to the right, it will keep them out of sight and clean; also somewhat tamper proof.
The top has ventilation areas that will obviously support two 200mm fans, even though currently I only have one installed. Removing this top cover, by gently releasing tabs underneath, is how to gain access to the fans or swap them out for a radiator.
As shipped the HAF-X is supported by two side rails made of plastic that have rubber pads for anti-skid. Inside the chassis you will find casters that go in each corner in the screw holes provided. The power supply area is well ventilated and should make any PSU comfortable and breathing easy.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit