While we were not impressed with the new AMD Phenom II X6 1090T from a raw performance stand point, we feel we might have found an interesting niche for this CPU and the new 890FX chipset.
We are sure it will not come as any surprise, but the AMD system fits into the high-end gaming platform quite well. When you combine the $300 Phenom II X6 with the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula you end up with a very capable gaming system at a rather low cost. This is not to say that it is the cheapest platform out, just that you are going to get more bang for your gaming buck with this board and CPU. The addition of features like Turbo Key II, X-Fi audio, Gaming First LAN connection and CrossfireX support just add to the value here.
With a $230 price tag at NewEgg.com, it is hard to go wrong on this one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom may continue cloud-based Switch games
- Fire Emblem Heroes makes 72% of Nintendo's mobile revenue
- Obsidian excited about Game Pass, wants to redefine RPGs
- Xbox head: Streaming won't be best way to play for a while
- PUBG coming to PS4 this December for $30
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms