While we were not impressed with the new AMD Phenom II X6 1090T from a raw performance stand point, we feel we might have found an interesting niche for this CPU and the new 890FX chipset.
We are sure it will not come as any surprise, but the AMD system fits into the high-end gaming platform quite well. When you combine the $300 Phenom II X6 with the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula you end up with a very capable gaming system at a rather low cost. This is not to say that it is the cheapest platform out, just that you are going to get more bang for your gaming buck with this board and CPU. The addition of features like Turbo Key II, X-Fi audio, Gaming First LAN connection and CrossfireX support just add to the value here.
With a $230 price tag at NewEgg.com, it is hard to go wrong on this one.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S9/S9+ revealed, launches March 16 and starts at $720
- PlayStation 5 coming in 2020, analyst predicts
- Papers Please short film highlights rigors of Arstotzka
- GPUz v2.8.0 released, lots of goodies as usual
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- Dell Inspiron 13 7000 2-in-1 (8th Gen Core) Laptop Review
- Fujitsu-Siemens BIOS - LGA 771 to 775 microcode
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit