As stated previously, the new Vertex 2 E package was not in the US when our sample was shipped from OCZ Technology in California. The new E models were in route from manufacturing and given the day of the week it was not possible to send a drive with proper packaging next day air and still publish this review today. With that said, we'll still give you a bit of a picture in writing.
At the top right we see where the label will be changed on the new extended capacity drives. OCZ has put together a nice package that informs retail shoppers looking at shelved drives the capacity, a few features and the inclusion of a 2.5 to 3.5" form factor adapter bracket.
The back of the package has some general information about the Vertex 2 and there are a couple of stickers here that will also be changed on the new extended drives.
The inner packaging remains the same. The drive is kept secure in the middle of closed cell foam with the adapter screws off to the side in a secure chamber. This sample of the Vertex 2 arrived with a paper document and a sticker, something that we didn't receive with our 100GB Vertex 2. The adapter plate was secured to the back of the foam and away from all of the other components.
Here we see the drive, adapter plate and screws for securing the two together.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm the first to test 5G, debuts 5G reference phone
- Marvel unleashes the official trailer to Black Panther
- Overwatch now has over 35 million players
- Battlegrounds' update adds vaulting, climbing to testers
- DOOM will be out on Nintendo Switch on November 10
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard