The OCZ Technology Vertex 2 100GB SSD
Here we get our first close up look at the Vertex 2. There really isn't much to see on the front of the drive other than a shiny logo sticker.
On the back we found another label, this one with model and serial number information as well as capacity size. The four under drive mounting positions are located in their standard location, so you will not have issues installing the drive in adapter brackets that use under drive mounts.
On the side we also found the standard mounting locations that are used more often in desktop systems.
Standard SATA power and data connections were also used on the Vertex 2, so the drive conforms to the industry standards all the way around which will make for a user friendly installation.
The Vertex 2 uses the 'Super Capacitor' PCB that we have found only on OCZ's SandForce products. In the middle of the PCB we see the SF-1200 controller surrounded by Intel NAND flash memory; eight per side.
On the back we found eight more Intel flash memory chips and where the Super Capacitor would be on the enterprise SandForce SSDs from OCZ.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Ryzen 5 2600 is up to 31% faster than Ryzen 5 1600
- Fallout 4 mod offers 4K texture pack, looks way better
- 400-person battle royale game receives first teaser trailer
- 1440p testing for Xbox One X is coming soon
- Jaxx crypto wallet has gaping security holes
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Noctua NH-L12S CPU Cooler Review
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit