Hands On Usage
The ViewSonic VPC190 is the second AIO I have tested here at TweakTown and it offers significantly less performance than the Gateway AIO I tested before. This was expected, though, when you look at the hardware inside the ViewSonic VPC190 and realize this is really just a netbook with a big screen.
The ViewSonic VPC190 is not intended to be used as a multimedia machine or to do hardcore graphics or business workloads. The ViewSonic VPC190 is a machine that will be most at home in the home where it will check email and surf the web. This would be a great AIO for a kid's room or the kitchen where performance isn't the most pressing need.
ViewSonic ships the ViewSonic VPC190 with a wired mouse and keyboard. The mouse is very flat, but is accurate enough and has plenty of sensitivity for the 18.5-inch screen. The keyboard is narrow with a good layout and keys that have a good amount of tactile feel when pressed. The keyboard also has a number pad.
The best feature of the ViewSonic VPC190 for me is the matte finish screen. A matte screen is a rarity on a computer of any type today and it is fantastic for me to find one on this machine. ViewSonic used the matte screen knowing that this is not a machine that will be chosen for its multimedia duties. This is a machine that will be used for general computer work where less glare is much more important than better image quality.
In a pinch, users of the ViewSonic VPC190 may find themselves wanting to watch online video on the ViewSonic VPC190. The ViewSonic VPC190 simply lacks the muscle needed to smoothly playback video from sites like Hulu. The video was very jerky and unwatchable in HD resolution and SD resolution Hulu video was only slightly better. The sound system has enough volume that you can listen to the audio from your video or music and hear it. That said, as always the sound is flat and lacks bass and depth.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM