Like some of the recent HD 5870s we've looked at, GIGABYTE have opted for a new cooler. Cince the goal of this model is to overclock, it comes as no surprise that GIGABYTE would opt for what should be a better cooler than the standard HD 5870 one.
As for the rest of the card, we don't really have any surprises with all the standard I/O connectors and everything else being where it should be.
When it comes to selling the card, the big deal about it is of course the overclock that GIGABYTE offers. We have to say it's nice to not be disappointed either, with some impressive clocks being offered here.
Looking at the core, we can see that's been boosted to 950MHz from the stock 850MHz. As for the 1GB of GDDR5, that's gone from 4800MHz QDR to a really nice sounding 5000MHz QDR.
The 100MHz boost on the core should yield a nice boost in performance, while the extra 200MHz QDR on the memory will just help round it out a little more.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]