The QNAP TS-459 Pro TurboNAS
The front of the TS-459 is where the drives are loaded. Here we see the four locking drive bays as well as the power button, quick copy button for the front USB port and the setup display with buttons for quick configuration changes. There are also status lights for power, USB, eSATA and LAN activity.
The side of the TS-459 has a brushed aluminum look with additional ventilation to keep the NAS cool.
The rest of the ports are located on the back of the NAS. Here we see dual eSATA and dual gigabit Ethernet as well as four USB ports, COM and power connectors. The power supply is built into the unit and has its own temperature controlled fan that aids in cooling with the main temperature controlled fan. In our testing the NAS was very quiet and would be a welcome addition to a desktop in your main work area.
The other side of the NAS is also brushed aluminum.
New for QNAP this year is compliance with 2.5 inch form factor drives. Here we see the new drive carrier that marks the mounting locations.
QNAP includes a pair of manuals with the TS-459 TurboNAS as well as a disk with software utilities and an additional full user manual. Two Ethernet cables and a power cable are also in the package as well as the mounting screws and locking keys.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Software Features]
- Page 4 [The Packaging]
- Page 5 [The QNAP TS-459 Pro TurboNAS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Playback]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - HD Record]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Content]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Copy]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard