Taking A Closer Look
- Packaging & Software Bundle
DFI are not known for including extravagant software bundles with their products, nor are they known for packaging their products in overly pretty boxes. The reasoning behind this is that DFI's main selling point for their products is that they are able to price them very well when compared to competing manufacturers. In my opinion, this is a fair trade-off and I'm sure most of you would rather have a lower price than having to pay extra money for software that you would most probably already own.
DFI's latest product, the NB76, follows this trend. The packaging is far from plain, however, it is not as fancy as what we have seen from other manufacturers in the past. That said, it definitely does its job and as long as the product arrives intact, who really cares what the box looks like?
The board we received directly from DFI was a very early retail sample, and the final package contents may differ slightly to what we have here. Inside our box was a driver CD, IDE & Floppy cables, a game port header for the onboard audio and an SC/MS/SD reader. There was no manual included with our sample, however, we have confirmed that one will be shipped with the final product. There was no extra software on the driver CD besides the chipset drivers.
A very thoughtful inclusion by DFI was a Smart Card/Memory Stick/SD Card reader. It slides into one of your 3 1/2" floppy bays and and can come in very handy. For example, if you have a digital camera with a memory stick and wanted to download pictures from the camera to your PC, all you have to do is slide the card into the reader and away you go!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI NB76 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI NB76 - Page 2 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- DFI NB76 - Page 3 [Layout]
- DFI NB76 - Page 4 [Features]
- DFI NB76 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- DFI NB76 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Prpductivity]
- DFI NB76 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- DFI NB76 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- DFI NB76 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- DFI NB76 - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- DFI NB76 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Far Cry 5 official PC system requirements revealed
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series