Taking A Closer Look
- Packaging & Software Bundle
DFI are not known for including extravagant software bundles with their products, nor are they known for packaging their products in overly pretty boxes. The reasoning behind this is that DFI's main selling point for their products is that they are able to price them very well when compared to competing manufacturers. In my opinion, this is a fair trade-off and I'm sure most of you would rather have a lower price than having to pay extra money for software that you would most probably already own.
DFI's latest product, the NB76, follows this trend. The packaging is far from plain, however, it is not as fancy as what we have seen from other manufacturers in the past. That said, it definitely does its job and as long as the product arrives intact, who really cares what the box looks like?
The board we received directly from DFI was a very early retail sample, and the final package contents may differ slightly to what we have here. Inside our box was a driver CD, IDE & Floppy cables, a game port header for the onboard audio and an SC/MS/SD reader. There was no manual included with our sample, however, we have confirmed that one will be shipped with the final product. There was no extra software on the driver CD besides the chipset drivers.
A very thoughtful inclusion by DFI was a Smart Card/Memory Stick/SD Card reader. It slides into one of your 3 1/2" floppy bays and and can come in very handy. For example, if you have a digital camera with a memory stick and wanted to download pictures from the camera to your PC, all you have to do is slide the card into the reader and away you go!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI NB76 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI NB76 - Page 2 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- DFI NB76 - Page 3 [Layout]
- DFI NB76 - Page 4 [Features]
- DFI NB76 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- DFI NB76 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Prpductivity]
- DFI NB76 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- DFI NB76 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- DFI NB76 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- DFI NB76 - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- DFI NB76 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Master Chief Collection on PC won't support Play Anywhere
- NVIDIA unlocks ray tracing on some GeForce GTX series cards
- Master Chief Collection PC beta tests announced
- Apex Legends first Battle Pass launches on March 19
- Unity teams with NVIDIA for RTX-based real-time ray tracing
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- m.2 shows in BIOS Windows installed but not showing in boot list
- Addlink S70 NVMe SSD Review - Phison E12
- Project Downfall - a retro-style, cyberpunk, reflex-based shooter now available on Early Access & coming to Xbox One & Switch. Preview copies await!
- Adventure Is Around Every Corner In One Piece World Seeker
- Ancestors Legacy is now available on GOG with Cross-play integration
- Buckle Up, Buttercup: Skybound And NMC Studios' Vehicular Battle Royale Game notmycar hits Steam Early Access April 5th
- Haggle Your Way to Riches in Bargain Hunter for Nintendo Switch