Overall, I was relatively pleased with the NB76, however, I did have a few complaints. Before I continue, you must keep in mind that the NB76 board is directed at the integrated, value market and not the enthusiast market. Like all integrated video solutions we have seen to date, the i845G's onboard video was not something to call home about. However, it is satisfactory for non graphics-intensive tasks and may be adequate for the odd bit of low-resolution gaming. The 10/100 Ethernet controller, 6-channel audio and USB 2.0 ports were a welcome addition and the layout of the board was thought out well.
Something that we've come to expect from past DFI products is stability. DFI are known for highly stable motherboards and the NB76 is no exception. Overclocking results were also very impressive and I was quite pleased with the amount of tweaking options available. Performance with an AGP card installed was on-par with the i845D chipset, however, DDR333 memory support would have increased performance even further.
Pricing for the NB76 has not yet been announced, however, judging from past DFI products the board should be priced significantly lower than the competition. The bottom line is, if you want a cheap, highly-integrated motherboard and do not play many games, you should definitely consider the DFI NB76. However, if you are an avid gamer and require high performance, you may find that chipsets such as the SiS645DX, P4X333 or i845E might be more appropriate.
* Good performance w/ AGP card
* Low price
* Good layout
* Great overclocker
* 10/100 Ethernet controller
* USB 2.0
* 6-channel audio
* Onboard video will be inadequate for most gamers
* Lacks DDR333 memory support
* Lacks ATA133 Support
Rating - 7.5/10
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- DFI NB76 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- DFI NB76 - Page 2 [Packaging & Software Bundle]
- DFI NB76 - Page 3 [Layout]
- DFI NB76 - Page 4 [Features]
- DFI NB76 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test Setup and Sandra]
- DFI NB76 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - System Prpductivity]
- DFI NB76 - Page 7 [Benchmarks - MadOnion]
- DFI NB76 - Page 8 [Benchmarks - OpenGL]
- DFI NB76 - Page 9 [Benchmarks - D3D]
- DFI NB76 - Page 10 [Overclocking]
- DFI NB76 - Page 11 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- Microsoft make 'positive changes' for Xbox at E3 this year
- Phison's E12 controller featured at CES 2018
- Toshiba's new SSD line-up featured at CES 2018
- AMD hit with class action lawsuit over Spectre and Meltdown
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series