The OWC Mercury Extreme Enterprise SSD
For the price and early availability I was not expecting to see such a custom case being used on the Mercury. The all aluminum case has a very nice hard anodized blue coating and a bare beveled edge that goes all the way around the top of the drive. The top of the case is where the label is located; on it we found the model and serial number for the drive.
The back of the drive is bare other than the anodized coating that kind of reminds me of a bass boat since we get a chance to see the sparkle effect. Looking at the back I am not really sure if the aluminum case has been painted and baked or if it is in fact an anodized finish. Either way, the drive looks great in blue and would look even better in a PC that has a blue theme or blue accents with a window mod.
As for functionality, on the back we found the standard mounting locations that will make it easy to mount the drive in an adapter or notebook that uses the bottom mount method.
On the side we also found standard mounting points. Here you can also see the beveled edge on the top of the drive.
The OWC Mercury uses standard SATA power and data connectors.
With the drive apart we were able to confirm that the Mercury uses the SF-1200 controller and Grade A Intel flash.
On the back of the PCB we found eight more Intel NAND flash chips, making a total of eight for the 100GB drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz