There is really not too much to say about the 1090T. I did not notice any issues with applications; the CPU just ran. As most of our applications are specifically picked for their ability to handle multiple CPU cores/threads, we did not get the chance to see the Turbo CORE feature until we started our gaming tests. The problem there is that the CPU is not a major factor for most games anymore. This means that even though we saw a slight increase in CPU clock during game play, it had almost no impact.
This does not mean Turbo CORE is useless; it means that for many the feature will not be needed or used. However, for someone that may run older non-threaded applications the Turbo CORE feature will come in handy. And considering the $300 price tag this may actually allow the Phenom II X6 to end up in more than a few entry level and mid-range systems than your average Intel Core CPU. I was a little disappointed that the T-Max is so low, but if the system is built right, that should not come into play too much.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY Global, just $12.32
- Nintendo and Microsoft take a 'cross-play' jab at Sony
- Rare does Sea of Thieves 'roundtable' meeting at E3 2018
- Steam Summer Sale 2018, two weeks of CRAZY low prices
- Brand new F1 2018 trailer reveals the French Grand Prix
- Best SSD For Gaming: Over 120 SSDs Tested!
- Vampyr Review: Bloody Rare
- ASROCK X370 and MB STICKS
- Aten Thunderbolt 3 Multiport Dock
- Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit