A Chipset to go with the Chip
As we mentioned in our introduction, the AMD Phenom II X6 will have a new chipset to run on (although it can run on older chipsets like the 7xx series, too). While it will fit comfortably into both the AM2+ and AM3 sockets with a BIOS update, AMD did want to give a new chipset that can take advantage of the latest technology available.
So, AMD has come out with the 800 series chipsets. We have shown you some of the performance you can expect from the 800 series in the 890GX motherboards we have tested recently. Still, for many, this will not be good enough for their high-end computing needs.
As such, AMD has brought out the big guns; the 890FX chipset. The one we used for our testing was the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula, a pure enthusiast positioned offering.
This board has more than a few nice features for the enthusiast and/or gamer. We will not go into major detail here, but we can show you some nice pictures of this board as a preview.
Of course, you get core unlocking from boot-up on the ASUS Board.
It looks like the 890FX will be a great board; at least the one that we were sent is looking that way. We hope to test a few more of these out for you in the coming months.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series