The BIOS on the EVGA will be a little confusing to the average user. They include quite a bit of higher end features and options that many will not have any idea on what they are; much less how to use them.
Still, the BIOS is fairly well laid out and once you are used to it, it's simple to work with. One of the things that drove me nuts while using the P55 FTW was the inability to manually enter numbers for voltages. I hate having to move through a list using the arrow keys. It takes a good deal of time to get to where I want to be and (to me) is extremely annoying.
One of the places you are sure to spend a good deal of time is the Frequency/Voltage section of the BIOS. Here you can find almost all of the options you need to overclock your CPU.
EVGA has a reputation for overclocking. For many EVGA is the name to go to when you want to push your CPU and go for the records for benchmarks like PCMark and 3DMark. However, our experience with the P55 FTW was not what we expected. We went in thinking about high BCLKs and CPU speeds, but only hit 4.198GHz stable. This was regardless of the RAM we used.
For some reason when we powered up the board we could not get it to run over a 210 BCLK (CPU-Z shows it as 209.98). This was a little disappointing, but we also did not have a ton of time to play around with the settings to see what the issue might have been.
You can see the validation for the EVGA P55 FTW here.
EVGA E-Leet Utility
The EVGA E-Leet utility was not an overwhelmingly great piece of software. In reality it looked like a customized version of CPU-Z. The feel was more of a reporting tool than an overclocking one. It is not even close to tools like GIGABYTE's EZTune 6 or ASUS' TurboV.
In the end I only used this to get the readout of CPU speed quickly, but still used the regular CPU-Z for my verification.
As all overclocking results are dependent on the hardware you use, your results may vary. Results of our overclocking tests are included in the performance section with the stock scores.
Important Editor Note: Our maximum overclocking result is the best result we managed in our limited time of testing the motherboard. Due to time constraints we weren't able to tweak the motherboard to the absolute maximum and find the highest possible FSB, as this could take days to find properly. We do however spend at least a few hours overclocking every motherboard to try and find the highest possible overclock in that time frame. You may or may not be able to overclock higher if you spend more time tweaking or as new BIOS updates are released. "Burn-in" time might also come into play if you believe in that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda pursues long-lasting relationship with Nintendo
- PUBG devs may be squeezed out of Battle Royale market
- Windows Store being re-branded as Microsoft Store
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM