For $279.99 this is the most expensive HD 5830 we've tested, but it's also the fastest and with great power comes great cost. Really, though, the HD 5830 does represent good value overall and the model manages to do a good job of really packing quite a punch.
Like we've also said in previous Turbo reviews, the overclock that HIS give us is actually one that makes a difference to performance. Really there's not much more we could ask for. Well, there is, and that would be to have a full version game that doesn't suck and is something that is actually popular. The good news is HIS also managed to deliver on this front as well.
If you're looking for a HD 5830, this is one worth looking at. The bundle is good, the cooler rocks, the overclock is helpful and performance on the model is all round great. If you're looking for a HD 5830 this is one worth looking into, especially if you don't mind spending the extra few dollars for the overclock and the game bundle.
This HD 5830 is a good product and still a good chunk cheaper than a HD 5850 when you look at our TVR graphs. Every time we look at the model it becomes a little better thanks to companies making sure it stands out in what is a very crowded VGA market.
HIS have done a good job by not only offering us a card with an overclock that impacts performance and in some situations turns a game from barely playable to playable, but at the same time offers us a nice little bundle and heatsink/fan setup.
If you can stretch your dollars a little further, check out the HIS HD 5830 Turbo. If your budget is a little tighter, the same card in a non Turbo version can be had for an even more attractive $254.99 from Newegg right now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card and Specifications]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 5 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X.]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Dark Void]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Elcomsoft Wireless Security Auditor]
- Page 16 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 17 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 18 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 19 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 20 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion release date
- Microsoft's Xbox division earned $2.251 billion last quarter
- Amazon listing leaks Shadow of the Tomb Raider screenshots
- Far Cry 5: 2.5 million sold, digital sales 500% over Primal
- Fortnite made $223 million in March, 'king of battle royale'
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit