The A-DATA Nobility N002 128GB USB 3.0
Here we get our second look at the front of the A-DATA Nobility N002. On the surface it looks like any other 2.5 inch form factor solid state drive.
On the bottom of the drive we see that things start to change a little. There is a cover over the SATA II power and data connectors and four rubber feet cover the bottom holes that are normally used for mounting. All of the rubber pieces can be removed and the N002 used as a standard SATA II drive.
Here we see the standard data and power SATA connectors are where they should be for normal operation in regular SATA.
This is where things get interesting; on the side we found a USB 3.0 miniport.
Our undercover investigation found that A-DATA is already using the latest variant of the Indilinx Barefoot called ECO.
The additional hardware to enable USB 3.0 also adds to the cost and here we see it in the upper right hand corner.
On the back we see the rest of the Intel flash. There are sixteen chips total, eight on each side.
Here we get a closer look at the USB 3.0 hardware and it is not from NEC. It looks like we have a new player in the USB 3.0 game.
The A-DATA Nobility N002 comes with a USB 3.0 cable that is around 2 feet long. Here we see the cable next to the drive.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- Surprise character hits Dragon Ball FighterZ before launch
- God of War: Stone Manson Edition unveiled
- Dark Souls Remastered won't support cross-platform
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series