Setup and Installation
Now it's time to plug everything in and see how things sound out of the box.
Once the dock has been removed from its box we can power it either by using four AA batteries or with the supplied power adaptor.
Connection is simply a case of docking your iPod or iPhone into the unit and using a combination of both controls to allow music to be played back.
If the Aux connection is to be used, a dual stereo to single mini-jack cable must be sourced out by the user. The connection can easily be found on the rear of the unit next to the power connection.
Since we are not dealing with any software or other complicating variables, things should go very smoothly and be up and running in moments.
The only concern I had here was how my iPhone sort of 'hung' above the unit connected by Apples proprietary 30-pin connector, meaning that all there was in terms of support was the connection itself, which is fine as long as the unit does not get bumped around and the connection is not wobbled from side to side.
There was also the somewhat annoying foible, which dictated the iPod or whatever device must be powered down while in the dock, otherwise it will always be automatically powered on (by the dock). This can actually be more of a hassle than one might imagine.
Another quick point here; when the dock is seated on a bench or wherever, due to its very low weight it is actually very easy to slip and slide around when using the buttons on the front.
Overall, though, the setup was as simple as any dock, just like it should be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung Galaxy S10: 8nm Exynos 9820, dedicated NPU, 8K video
- Xbox boss says he's 'very excited' about next-gen Xbox
- Command & Conquer and Red Alert being remastered for the PC
- Scoop 12% off Fallout 76 Bethesda keys for PC
- ABZU will be taking a dive into the Nintendo Switch, Nov 29
- EML to PST Converter
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms