Setup and Installation
Now it's time to plug everything in and see how things sound out of the box.
Once the dock has been removed from its box we can power it either by using four AA batteries or with the supplied power adaptor.
Connection is simply a case of docking your iPod or iPhone into the unit and using a combination of both controls to allow music to be played back.
If the Aux connection is to be used, a dual stereo to single mini-jack cable must be sourced out by the user. The connection can easily be found on the rear of the unit next to the power connection.
Since we are not dealing with any software or other complicating variables, things should go very smoothly and be up and running in moments.
The only concern I had here was how my iPhone sort of 'hung' above the unit connected by Apples proprietary 30-pin connector, meaning that all there was in terms of support was the connection itself, which is fine as long as the unit does not get bumped around and the connection is not wobbled from side to side.
There was also the somewhat annoying foible, which dictated the iPod or whatever device must be powered down while in the dock, otherwise it will always be automatically powered on (by the dock). This can actually be more of a hassle than one might imagine.
Another quick point here; when the dock is seated on a bench or wherever, due to its very low weight it is actually very easy to slip and slide around when using the buttons on the front.
Overall, though, the setup was as simple as any dock, just like it should be.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fortnite made almost $300 million in April
- Rum Runner's Pack free DLC debuts to Pillars of Eternity 2
- New Battlerite Royale screenshots unveil UI/more gameplay
- Co-op monster hunting title, Duntless releases open beta
- Dark Souls Remastered releases a whole day early on Steam
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- If I use the M2_1 slot in the x470 Taichi Ultimate ,will it take away PCIE lanes from the GPU?
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB SM-G960UZKAXAA $1,257
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit