Everest Random Access Time
Everest Ultimate and Corporate Edition offer several different benchmarks for testing and optimizing your system or network. The Random Access test is one of very few if not only that will measure hard drives random access times in hundredths of milliseconds as oppose to tens of milliseconds.
Drives with only one or two tests displayed in write the write test mean that they have failed the test and their Maximum and possibly their Average Scores were very high after the cached fills. This usually happens only with controllers manufactured by JMicron.
All of the data given to us and even the spec sheet suggest that the new VR200M should have lower read access times, but the Marvell SATA 6G controllers adds latency that we wouldn't see if the drive were tested on an Intel SATA controller. Still, Marvell owns the consumer SATA 6G market right now and we have to work with the hand we are dealt.
The same is true with the write latency. In this test, though, the VR200M is able to give better results than we see from the VR150M, but if both were tested on the same controller the SATA 6G VelociRaptor would give us even better results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [The Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 6G]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tune Pro]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Everest Random Access Time]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Crystal Disk Mark]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage Hard Disk Tests]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Passmark]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft add long list of new games to Xbox Games Pass
- Scientists on brink of making & commercializing pollution free energy
- HBO announce intense VR 'Westworld Awakening' game, August 20 debut
- 2 billion glass spheres lasered into this jacket reflects every color
- Instagram puts a price on the head of nefarious user-data abusing apps
- Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard Review
- I5-8250U laptop throttling while gaming. New fan, new heat sink yet, new thermal yet no avail. Please help.
- Rivet Networks: Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 Review
- z390 phantom gaming-itx/ac buzzing from mb
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director