With the benchmarks done, I went to work playing on the AVADirect Clevo X8100. The notebook is a gigantic beast of a computer. It takes up more space on my desk than the keyboard and mouse that go with my desktop computer. That said, the beast offers virtually the same performance as my desktop as well. One look at the thickness of the machine and you know in an instant this is a machine that you could lug back and forth to a LAN party, but you certainly will not want to take this on the road or around campus at school with any frequency. In fact, the machine is so huge it comes with its own backpack because the odds of finding one that it will fit in anywhere else are very slim.
The notebook has poor battery life, which is a side effect of a machine with so much power. Battery life and the sheer size and weight of the AVADirect Clevo X8100 are certainly its worst points. The best thing about the machine, though, is that it has major league performance. This is simply the most powerful notebook I have tested. It was either tops in all benchmarks or very near the top (except for battery life).
This is the sort of machine you buy to replace that desktop computer in the home or office that you can move around if needed. The giant machine has a full-size keyboard with a number pad and several buttons on the left side that you can program for various tasks. Like the Smooth Creations machine before, the AVADirect Clevo X8100 has a strange keyboard with keys that are much smaller than they could be. The keyboard works well enough; the keys simply could be larger, and as it is, they are smaller than most notebooks on the market regardless of the machines size.
The massive screen is very good for watching movies and has enough resolution for you to enjoy your Blu-ray flicks in the optional Blu-ray drive my tester had. As with every glossy screen notebook on the planet, glare is an issue in anything but a very dark room. I for one will be glad when someone comes up with a screen that works well for movies with a matte finish.
The AVADirect Clevo X8100 ships with a big backpack that you can cram the notebook and some other gear into for a day on the road. I hope you are working out, though, the massive notebook is not a lightweight machine and you will get a workout. The AVADirect Clevo X8100 has a decent sound system with good volume and the sound system offers better bass than most notebooks on the market.
The AVADirect Clevo X8100 has tons of connectivity and is one of the few machines I have ever seen with a HDMI input. That means you can use this thing to connect your PS3 or Xbox for console gaming in a pinch. The HDMI out also means you can use the AVADirect Clevo X8100 as your HTPC and watch Blu-ray movies on your big screen in the living room.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Netflix won't be available on the Nintendo Switch as of yet
- QLOC to port Dark Souls Remastered to respective platforms
- ViewSonic shows off new gaming displays at CES 2018
- NBA Jam remake teased, and now it needs to happen
- Twitter is 'creepy Big Brother', has access to your DMs
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Bios Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming test 8700K
- Which chip Is my main bios chip ( Gigabyte P17F Notebook )
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series