As far as features go, the IT7 does not disappoint. Firstly, it supports 4-channel ATA133 RAID through a HighPoint HPT374 controller, which means there is support for a maximum of 8 devices. From past experience, the HPT374 is certainly among the best of its kind and regarded by many as far superior to Promise's equivalent product. With the regular 2-channel ATA133 support through the Southbridge available as well, the IT7 supports a total of 12 IDE devices!
Secondly, 10/100 Ethernet is provided through a Realtek RTL8100B controller. This was a good choice by Abit and I found it to perform just as well as my PCI network cards. USB2.0 support is provided through a VIA VT6202 controller. There are two USB 2.0 ports and four USB 1.1 ports on the board. Two extra USB 2.0 ports can be enabled using the provided back plate.
Adding to the uniqueness of the IT7, IEEE 1394 or Firewire support is also available, with two Firewire ports onboard. As well as this, 5.1 audio is available through a Realtek ALC650 controller. This controller provides playback at a sample rate of 96KHz. It features SPDIF OUT, line-in and center/sub connectors, a front speaker connector and a mic in port. I found the sound quality from this controller to be very decent for an onboard chip, and most people, besides audiophiles, should be happy with the sound quality produced.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve CEO teases Half-Life 3 to release in next '4-5 years'
- To get into Mortal Kombat 11 closed beta you'll have to pay
- Facebook will use new AI technology to remove 'revenge porn'
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, step into the combat of a shinobi
- Google's game service lets you piggyback off streamers saves
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Halloween 4K Blu-ray Review
- GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 (VT-D Support)
- ASUS Zenith Extreme Alpha (AMD X399) Motherboard Review
- Dirt Rally Driver HD the successful mobile game is now available in PC for free
- Super Phantom Cat, a Retro Platformer is Launching on Nintendo Switch March 21st
- Turtle Beach Unveils Its All-New Recon 70 Series Gaming Headsets
- Sacrifices, demons and emperors of Elmoraden
- Lilith Games Rebrands Rise of Civilizations to Rise of Kingdoms