As far as features go, the IT7 does not disappoint. Firstly, it supports 4-channel ATA133 RAID through a HighPoint HPT374 controller, which means there is support for a maximum of 8 devices. From past experience, the HPT374 is certainly among the best of its kind and regarded by many as far superior to Promise's equivalent product. With the regular 2-channel ATA133 support through the Southbridge available as well, the IT7 supports a total of 12 IDE devices!
Secondly, 10/100 Ethernet is provided through a Realtek RTL8100B controller. This was a good choice by Abit and I found it to perform just as well as my PCI network cards. USB2.0 support is provided through a VIA VT6202 controller. There are two USB 2.0 ports and four USB 1.1 ports on the board. Two extra USB 2.0 ports can be enabled using the provided back plate.
Adding to the uniqueness of the IT7, IEEE 1394 or Firewire support is also available, with two Firewire ports onboard. As well as this, 5.1 audio is available through a Realtek ALC650 controller. This controller provides playback at a sample rate of 96KHz. It features SPDIF OUT, line-in and center/sub connectors, a front speaker connector and a mic in port. I found the sound quality from this controller to be very decent for an onboard chip, and most people, besides audiophiles, should be happy with the sound quality produced.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung unveils massive 30TB SSD, largest capacity SSD ever
- Intel teases discrete GPU prototype, powered by Raja Koduri
- Nintendo's Fire Emblem Heroes rakes in $295m in first year
- Sniper Ghost Warrior dev hit with huge layoffs
- Minecraft: Bedrock Edition for Switch has had a 2hr reveal
- MyDigitalSSD OTG v2 480GB Portable SSD
- BIOSTAR G330 256GB SATA III SSD Review
- Weird SATA Controller Issue
- Buy iPhone X $600 site www.BizFests.com
- Fitbit Ionic Smart Fitness Watch Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit