The Build and Finished Product
Getting the front ready and about to snap the panel back on, but I figured it's a great time to show how open the mesh is even though it's backed with a dust catching foam liner. A tab on either side allows for the bay cover to be removed from the appropriate slots, feed the wiring back through the oval hole on the right, and snap the cover back on.
I know the top is a bit tough to make out, but the large black handle lifts from the top of the expansion slot frame and allows the retention mechanism to swing open to allow for expansion card installation. Simply put in the card (or cards), align the ends with the screw holes and simply click the lock back into place. It actually holds the 9800GTX really well.
With a little creativity and patience you can really end up with a well managed product in the end. I for one am a bit surprised at how well it all came out. Hiding most of the extra wires above the DVD drive helped a bunch, but the only obvious wiring is on the GPU and on the floor of the case, but there is a reason I left that out.
The rear of the Staray looks much better once the power supply hole is filled and the I/O shield is in place. It's hard to see, but I also added the padlock loop to the right side.
This is where I hid the rest of the mess. There is plenty of room to hide all the extra I/O wires and still allow for me to get all the rest of the power supplies around the chassis.
This is why I left the 4-pin Molex line laying on the floor, planning ahead to power the fans in the door panel. The Staray is just a few short steps away from powering it up.
Powered up, the front glows with a bit of red from the power button and depending on the preference, push the fan lighting button until you reach the desired effect. I set this one to the swirl effect; that is why only three LEDs are lit.
The fans in the side panel are switched to the full on position; the LEDs reflect quite nicely off the chromed finish and lead to a very unique lighting effect.
The added fan for the exhaust reflects in the same manner, it's the grill design playing down the effect, but not the flood of light. I almost forgot to mention, these fans are currently running all connected to 12 volts of power and they are really silent; I mean seriously, I could barely hear them running.
What I do like is that the lighting isn't overpowering and you have to look for the direct lighting effect, otherwise there is a subtle red glow around the Staray.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit