Inside The Enermax Staray Mid Tower Case
Popping off the door and flipping it around, we can see a couple of those Apollish fans that Enermax sends in the chassis. These two are both set to be used for intake to the chassis with 4-pin Molex connectors for power and push switched for LED control. This can take two fans up to 140mm if you have plans to increase the airflow.
The front has a two piece rack system pop riveted to each other and the chassis. The top holds up to four 5.25" devices, a floppy drive in the middle and up to six hard drives if your graphics card doesn't get in the way. The entire rack is tool-less on this side. Only the 3.5" racks are tool-less on both sides.
Plenty of room for a full ATX and still get the wiring by, down the right side. There are no wire management holes, but that's fine because there isn't any room back there to run wires anyway, or a CPU back plate access hole which I would have liked to have seen.
At the top are two ledges to help support the power supply. If you choose to, you can add a fan here after you snap the rear I/O plate in. The water cooling pass-through's are flanking a slightly different type of tool-less expansion card lock than I have seen before. I'll have a closer look coming up soon.
With the back panel removed you can plainly see there is very little room behind the tray for anything to hide. However, the offset of the drive cage offers quite a bit of room near the front to build a nest of wires if needed. As I pointed out earlier, only the hard drive racks are tool-less on both sides, although you can borrow 5.25" ones from the other side if all the bays aren't populated.
The full assortment can be found in the front I/O wiring. All the typical power, reset, IDE LED, Power LED, and even a speaker are in the multi-color wire grouping. The beige wires are for the USB 2.0 and the HD Audio AC'97 connections.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man 'The Heist' DLC adds 3 suits, October 23rd launch
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam