Inside The Enermax Staray Mid Tower Case
Popping off the door and flipping it around, we can see a couple of those Apollish fans that Enermax sends in the chassis. These two are both set to be used for intake to the chassis with 4-pin Molex connectors for power and push switched for LED control. This can take two fans up to 140mm if you have plans to increase the airflow.
The front has a two piece rack system pop riveted to each other and the chassis. The top holds up to four 5.25" devices, a floppy drive in the middle and up to six hard drives if your graphics card doesn't get in the way. The entire rack is tool-less on this side. Only the 3.5" racks are tool-less on both sides.
Plenty of room for a full ATX and still get the wiring by, down the right side. There are no wire management holes, but that's fine because there isn't any room back there to run wires anyway, or a CPU back plate access hole which I would have liked to have seen.
At the top are two ledges to help support the power supply. If you choose to, you can add a fan here after you snap the rear I/O plate in. The water cooling pass-through's are flanking a slightly different type of tool-less expansion card lock than I have seen before. I'll have a closer look coming up soon.
With the back panel removed you can plainly see there is very little room behind the tray for anything to hide. However, the offset of the drive cage offers quite a bit of room near the front to build a nest of wires if needed. As I pointed out earlier, only the hard drive racks are tool-less on both sides, although you can borrow 5.25" ones from the other side if all the bays aren't populated.
The full assortment can be found in the front I/O wiring. All the typical power, reset, IDE LED, Power LED, and even a speaker are in the multi-color wire grouping. The beige wires are for the USB 2.0 and the HD Audio AC'97 connections.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ion Maiden delayed to 2019
- Hello Games on No Man's Sky launch: we shared too much info
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- HELP With a Sniper.2 Z68 bios U1C, won't boot with discrete VGA
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit