The X58A-UD7 was cramped. Yes, much of that has a reason or an alternate purpose, but there were some items that were just annoying. The placement of the 4-pin aux power connector resulted in more than a few cuts to my already scarred fingers. But overall, after getting past that I did not have too many headaches based on the layout.
However, I did have a rather odd one. When I first received the X58A-UD7 I installed the OS to it in the same way I always have. This is to just use my USB flash drive based copy of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. When I did this, however, I began to have problems. The board would randomly reboot, the installation would crash with a blue screen and a number of other issues would occur. We tried a number of fixes but nothing seemed to help.
The really odd part was when we used a traditional DVD there were no problems at all. The install went through perfectly. However, with the release of the F6 version of the BIOS that annoying little issue was fixed. I am not sure what did it, but I can say that I have not had that problem with the board since.
If you do get this board, I would highly recommend flashing it to at least the F6 BIOS as soon as possible. Another important note is that the X58A-UD7 takes a while to boot up. It is much slower than other motherboards in its price range. This has to do with the Marvell SATA 3.0 RAID controller on the board. Still, it is annoying at times and more than once made me think that I had pushed my overclock too far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz