The X58A-UD7 was cramped. Yes, much of that has a reason or an alternate purpose, but there were some items that were just annoying. The placement of the 4-pin aux power connector resulted in more than a few cuts to my already scarred fingers. But overall, after getting past that I did not have too many headaches based on the layout.
However, I did have a rather odd one. When I first received the X58A-UD7 I installed the OS to it in the same way I always have. This is to just use my USB flash drive based copy of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. When I did this, however, I began to have problems. The board would randomly reboot, the installation would crash with a blue screen and a number of other issues would occur. We tried a number of fixes but nothing seemed to help.
The really odd part was when we used a traditional DVD there were no problems at all. The install went through perfectly. However, with the release of the F6 version of the BIOS that annoying little issue was fixed. I am not sure what did it, but I can say that I have not had that problem with the board since.
If you do get this board, I would highly recommend flashing it to at least the F6 BIOS as soon as possible. Another important note is that the X58A-UD7 takes a while to boot up. It is much slower than other motherboards in its price range. This has to do with the Marvell SATA 3.0 RAID controller on the board. Still, it is annoying at times and more than once made me think that I had pushed my overclock too far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- Ghost Recon Wildlands adds permadeath with 'Ghost Mode'
- Razer making Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite arcade sticks
- Windows 10 Pro for just $12.41, Office 2016 Pro only $28.10
- Gorilla Glass 6 engineered to 'survive multiple drops'
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit