The X58A-UD7 was cramped. Yes, much of that has a reason or an alternate purpose, but there were some items that were just annoying. The placement of the 4-pin aux power connector resulted in more than a few cuts to my already scarred fingers. But overall, after getting past that I did not have too many headaches based on the layout.
However, I did have a rather odd one. When I first received the X58A-UD7 I installed the OS to it in the same way I always have. This is to just use my USB flash drive based copy of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. When I did this, however, I began to have problems. The board would randomly reboot, the installation would crash with a blue screen and a number of other issues would occur. We tried a number of fixes but nothing seemed to help.
The really odd part was when we used a traditional DVD there were no problems at all. The install went through perfectly. However, with the release of the F6 version of the BIOS that annoying little issue was fixed. I am not sure what did it, but I can say that I have not had that problem with the board since.
If you do get this board, I would highly recommend flashing it to at least the F6 BIOS as soon as possible. Another important note is that the X58A-UD7 takes a while to boot up. It is much slower than other motherboards in its price range. This has to do with the Marvell SATA 3.0 RAID controller on the board. Still, it is annoying at times and more than once made me think that I had pushed my overclock too far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Metro 2033 movie begins filming in 2020, due out by 2022
- Kerbal Space Program 2 isn't Epic Store exclusive, won't be monetized
- PS5 devkit won't be final design, devkits always look quite different
- These Gamescom 2019 Cyberpunk 2077 4K screenshots are simply gorgeous
- 'Hades' will soon make its way to Steam after Epic Store exclusivity
- SteelSeries Arctis 9X Wireless Headset Review
- Seagate Gears 5TB Game Drive Review
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Snooker 19, the first official snooker game in a generation, is out now on Nintendo Switch
- Ultimate Fishing Simulator VR will debut in August
- Leyou Technologies Announces 2019 Interim Results
- Thermaltake A700 Aluminum Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis Now Available Simplicity Creates Its Own Path
- 2019 Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitational Season 2 Brings Twelve Top Modders Worldwide Together for the New Creation of the Core P5 V2 Chassis Battle for the Best