The GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 is a nice board. It looks cool in your system (if you have a window) and is clearly capable of some good performance. However, we did not see that on the bench. But, I would not give up on the X58A-UD7. According to the overclocker "Hi Cookie" there is a new BIOS on the way that greatly improves performance with the 32nm Gulftown CPU. At the time of testing (and writing) we did not have access to this BIOS, but we do hope to return to the X58A once it is out and see what we find.
Overall, we found the X58A-UD7 to be a well-rounded board. The inclusion of dual GBe LAN ports, SATA 3.0 (With RAID), XHD RAID, USB 3.0, multiple choices for cooling the board, 24-power phases and a great overclocking utility (EasyTune 6) make it an excellent choice as long as you are not looking to drop a Gulftown CPU in there right away.
We do hope that the F7 BIOS that is in the works will correct the performance issues we saw with our synthetic tests, but as not a ton of people are going to be dropping the $1000 Core i7 980X into this board we can feel fairly confident that it will do what you ask it to. Considering the $350 price tag at NewEgg.com, we think that the X58A-UD7 certainly should be doing that.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit