Things get a little bit different inside this chassis. One of the first things I noticed was the green tabs on the drive bays. They provide a screwless locking mechanism for the 5.25" bays and one of the 3.5" bays. Once you have a drive in place, it is just a matter of pushing the tab forward and locking it. The drive gets fairly firmly locked in place, with the slightest of play with some drives on the opposite side.
On the opposite side we see the other half of the screwless mount. The tab sits in the screw hole, and does a reasonable job of keeping the drive in place.
The other interesting thing is the bar that runs from top to bottom. It provides a card retention method via little green adjustable thingies (hey I couldn't think of a better description:)), something I have seen previously in Skyhawk cases. Placing one above a card and extending it out will lock it firmly in place. This is a good feature if your rig gets moved around a lot, as video cards are often dislodged by movement. However people like me will get frustrated with the whole thing getting in the way when removing components, but thankfully the bar is completely removable via screws in the side and bottom.
There are plenty of motherboard mounts to suit most motherboards. Boards are mounted via fitting metal lugs to the motherboard itself, and then sliding it in. It is then held in place with only two screws.
There are a pair of 80mm case fan mounts. One is located on the rear panel and is fitted with a decent ball bearing 80mm fan for exhaust.
The other location is at the bottom front underneath the drive bays. There is no plastic mount, but screws are provided to fix it to the chassis.
The included 300W power supply is fitted with ample connectors, including the ATX12V 4-pin for P4 and also the 1/2 AT style AUX connector for those with boards that require it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Auriga VF-2001GH - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Auriga VF-2001GH - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Auriga VF-2001GH - Page 3 [External Analysis]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit